Tuesday 18 June 2019

Destiny 2

                                                                   'Thank you Bungie ^_^ '
I have been a gamer for quite some time and I always saw the medium as my way to find a community I can be a part of. Being the introvert I am I never got to experience the fun of meeting new people and making friends online. Back when Halo launched it was such a big deal for so many of us we would find friends who were lucky enough to get a copy of the game so all of us can play it to see how it is and whine we did we were blown away by what we had seen. 

To be able to witness the birth of sci-fi right before our eyes was truly magical and one unforgettable experience. Over the years so many other games such as Assassin's creed and Call of duty happened that built on the magic of games but nothing truly could live up to what Halo had achieved. So when I moved to the States for my studies Bungie had launched The taken king and was getting rave reviews. I saw this as an opportunity to get back into the world of bungie and relive some of the magic. 


The day I started playing Destiny, I personally consider the focal point of everything I am today. Let me elaborate back when I came here I was far from my home away from parents in a new land and an introvert. I found myself often struggle to reach out to people. Destiny helped me break that the first time I landed in the tower and saw other people I was pleasantly surprised. A common platform for me to meet others, an equal footing as a guardian of the light. 
Over time I fell in love with the game, it's characters, the story it tells and the mysteries it holds. I made a few friends and even consider doing vault of glass the single greatest achievement for myself, since that was the first time I had played with a group of other people. PvP was mind blowing to me, I still could not fathom the concept of being able to play with and against other players and use super powers in battle. It's like all my childhood fantasies had come to life. 
When destiny 2 launched I saw it a way to start over since I never got to invest myself completely into the game so I figured the best way to do this is to start playing with others. I found myself at a disadvantage for I had long stayed away from joining any groups. I saw this as an opportunity to start something on my own, a clan which I can call home and have like minded people join me. 


This was probably the best decision of my life, when I started the clan I realized I had to go about convincing people to join me and prove that I am capable of leading a group. There were testing times when people of different wants and needs used to join us, I learnt so much about being a leader, how to convince people and keep them engaged. All of this not only helped form a clan but also helped me learn to be an independent person.
I learnt to break this barrier around myself, to reach out to people in real life and get stuff done. I grew more as a person and all of this thanks to destiny. I have had so many wonderful memories with friends. I cherish every moment spent and I want to thank everyone at bungie including you sir for making this possible. Your work has impacted so many lives and we are forever grateful for that. Destiny is my home and the shining beacon of hope in my life and it is something I always look up to when in doubt.Thank you to everyone at bungie from the bottom of my heart.
 - Vignesh Krishnamoorthy

No comments:

Post a Comment