Thursday 7 September 2017

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

                                       " And that's what I get for being Honest.... "
Uncharted where do I begin. A series that I have grown with, the first time I was wowed by a game, the first time I felt oh man this is something else that was when I played the opening sequence of Uncharted 2 honor among thieves. One of the biggest PlayStation sellers to me was Uncharted.
Despite my initial skepticism about lost legacy not being a full fledged game, sold at half the price of uncharted 4, regular cliche's aside I believe uncharted lost legacy is a game that is both a great third person shooter and a solid entry into the franchise. Chole Frazer one of the major characters in the series and a love interest (sort of) to nathan drake.
To have her own story told in all it's grandeur with claudia black playing such an amazing role with naidine ross along for the ride. Both of them go in search of a ganesh tusk but get caught up against a smuggling group bent upon getting it back. The combat, gameplay and graphics are all what we have come to expect but what is new is the pacing of the game itself. Being condensed into 10 chapters the game is short, crisp and nail biting especially the last three chapters.
We get to know a lot about both chole and naidine, how we perceived each of them and who they really are. I fell in love with these characters and it's wonderful to see them get their share of  screen time. The story can be predictable at times but the huge action set pieces more than make up for it. The music is top notch and Naughty Dog has gone the extra mile to do justice to both the locations and the atmosphere.
I personally love the amazing tributes to hindu mythology, it was both refreshing and amazing to see the level of detail that is rarely seen even in these AAA games. A personal thank you to naughty dog for that. Multiplayer is very much similar to uncharted 4 and is as fun as ever. There are also a few surprises that made me smile with glee.
Final verdict : Uncharted The Lost Legacy is a beautiful tribute to characters we have come to love in the uncharted universe. A letter of love from Naughty Dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment